NEWYou can now pay attention to Fox News articles!
Novak Djokovic picked up his 21st Grand Slam title Sunday with a victory at Wimbledon above Nick Kyrgios, but he may not get a likelihood this 12 months to contend for a 22nd championship.
Djokovic’s coronavirus vaccination position will be a storyline heading into the U.S. Open up upcoming thirty day period.
Non-U.S. citizens who are unvaccinated in opposition to the health issues are not permitted in the U.S. Djokovic was not authorized to perform the Australian Open up previously this yr immediately after his vaccine exemption was considered to have been authorized but was afterwards denied.
He was later deported from the state.
ESPN broadcaster Chris Fowler elevated the probability of Djokovic not playing the U.S. Open to McEnroe, his analyst husband or wife. The tennis legend reported Djokovic should be permitted to perform.
“These politicians are acquiring in the way also much. They did it in Australia. Let’s let the male come in and enjoy in the U.S. I imply occur on. This is preposterous,” McEnroe claimed while Djokovic waved to the crowd at the All England Club. “But I really do not make people decisions. I hope anyone would make the suitable just one and permits him to enjoy. That is my personalized feeling.”
McEnroe mentioned there ought to be some way for Djokovic to be authorized to take part.
“You can concur to be tested. I don’t know. There’s gotta be a way close to this, but we’ll wait and see. That’s not what it is about correct now,” he reported.
Djokovic said in advance of Wimbledon he had no designs to get a coronavirus vaccine.
“As of right now, I am not permitted to enter the states underneath these instances,” the Serbian tennis star mentioned, by way of Eurosport. “I am aware of that and that is an further determination to do very well listed here, and ideally I can have a extremely very good match as I have performed in the final three editions.
“Then I will just have to wait around and see. I would like to go to the states. But, as of these days, that is not probable. There is not a lot I can do any more. It is up to the U.S. government to make a final decision no matter whether or not they enable the unvaccinated people to go into the region.”